Help guard your senior cat’s vitality with ORIJEN Guardian Senior diet, specially formulated to support your cat’s unique needs as they grow older. Ideal for cats 7+, this diet is packed with nourishing fresh or raw animal ingredients including wild-caught salmon, duck and free-run chicken to provide your mature cat with the protein they need to thrive. And with succulent and nutrient-rich WholePrey ingredients like organs and bone, it helps target 8 key health benefits that help keep your mature cat supported and vital as they grow older with you.
Why We Love It
- This premium recipe includes 90% animal ingredients.
- Helps support 8 key health benefits including Immune Support, Digestion, Healthy Skin & Coat, Heart Health, Eye Health, Muscle & Weight Maintenance, Healthy Joints & Bones and Cognitive Function & Brain Health.
- The first 5 ingredients are always fresh or raw – including salmon, duck, chicken, turkey and flounder.
- Includes nourishing WholePrey inclusions that are rich with amino and fatty acids, and almost all the nutrients your cat needs.
- Ideal for senior cats aged 7+
ORIJEN's goal is simple; provide the best possible food for your pet, period. Cats evolved as hunters - the structure of their teeth, jaws, and digestive system scientifically classifies them as carnivores, evolved to eat a meat based diet. Through a biologically appropriate diet packed with fresh meats, ORIJEN captures the carnivore in your pet and releases their inner instinct in each grain-free recipe. With 85-90% meat ingredients, ORIJEN has 3 times the meat of most conventional cat foods. Two thirds of the meats in every formula are raw or fresh, and never rendered or processed, so they are brimming with proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. The high quality fresh meats and low-glycemic healthy carbohydrates are all sustainably sourced in the USA and made in Kentucky from trusted farmers. With heritage red meats from America's heartland, wild caught fish from New England, free run poultry and eggs, locally grown fruits, vegetables and botanicals such as butternut squash and Bartlett Pears, trusted sustainable American farmers are at the core of ORIJEN's business. The unmatched variety of high quality ingredients rival mother nature, supplying nutrients in their freshest, most natural flavorful form, mimicking the ancestral diet and keeping your pet's inner instinct happy and healthy.
Salmon, duck, chicken, turkey, flounder, whole herring, chicken liver, eggs, dehydrated egg, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated sardine, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated mackerel, turkey giblets (liver, heart, gizzard), whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, whole green peas, ground whole flaxseed, whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole navy beans, hydrolyzed blue whiting, hydrolyzed salmon, chicken fat, chicken hearts, whole cranberries, choline chloride, dried kelp, vitamin E supplement, mixed tocopherols (preservative), whole pumpkin, whole apples, collard greens, whole butternut squash, whole pears, zinc proteinate, dried chicory root, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, copper proteinate, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, citric acid (preservative), rosemary extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Metabolizable Energy is 3830 kcal/kg (460 kcal per 250ml/8 oz cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 42% from protein, 23% from carbohydrates, and 35% from fat
ORIJEN GUARDIAN SENIOR CAT FOOD is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for Adult Maintenance
- Crude protein (min.)40%
- Crude fat (min.)15%
- Crude fiber (max.)4%
- Moisture (max.)10%
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.)0.15%
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.)0.1%
- Calcium (min.)1.2%
- Phosphorus (min.)1%
- Magnesium (max.)0.1%
- Vitamin A (min.)12,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min.)300 IU/kg
- Taurine (min.)0.2%
- Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.)2.5%
- Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.)1.3%
- Total Microorganisms* (min)1 Million CFU/lb
- (Lactobacillus acidophilus Bifidobacterium animalis Lactobacillus casei)
- *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.