Help keep your pal pest-free with the Capstar Flea Tablets for Dogs. Each tablet contains an active ingredient called Nitenpyram that’s effective in eliminating fleas in dogs and puppies. The fast-acting formula starts working within 30 minutes and has been proven to be more than 90% effective in eliminating adult fleas within just hours. That means less itchiness and discomfort for your pooch, much faster—and without the mess and odors of a topical solution. Just give the tablet as directed, and let the formula do its work. A single dose should do it, but it’s also safe to keep giving daily if your pal gets infested again, until all the fleas are gone
Why We Love It
- Active ingredient Nitenpyram starts working within 30 minutes and kills adult fleas within 4 hours for dogs.
- Safe for puppies four weeks and older and weighing at least 2 pounds; also safe for pregnant or nursing pets.
- A single dose should eliminate current infestation, but may be given up to once per day if your pal gets fleas again.
- Easy to give tablet with no messes or odors.
- Unused tablets can be safely stored to keep their potency.
- Safe for pregnant or nursing dogs.
A single dose of Capstar Tablets should kill the adult fleas on your pet. If your pet gets re-infested with fleas, you can safely give another dose as often as once per day. Please refer to the package insert for complete information.
Capstar is safe for use in dogs and puppies 2 pounds of body weight or greater and 4 weeks of age and older. Weigh your pet prior to administration to ensure proper usage. It is also safe for use in pregnant or breeding dogs.. Kills fleas for up to 24 hours, this is not to be used as a monthly preventative.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Store at controlled room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 - 25 degree C).
Always read, understand and follow label and use directions.