This is HappyDogGeno writing this post.
I was reading the newspaper over dad’s shoulder the other day, (Yes – we dogs can read! It’s turning the pages we have trouble with … but that’s another story!) and guess what I learned: this week is Pet Appreciation Week!
As you can imagine, this is convenient for me and my 4-legged friends. Now I think that every week should be Pet Appreciation Week, but sometimes humans have trouble remembering … so it’s nice to have a whole week for us to remind them.
I thought dad could use a reminder of ways he could celebrate this week, so I put together a little list of ideas for him:
- Make sure your pet has a proper identification tag – what a great week to make sure your friend can make it home easier if he or she is ever lost
- Treats – lots of them … we pets don’t mind at all when you show us how much you love us with our favorite treats
- Spending time with us – for dogs – how about some extra walks, or trips to the dog park? For cats – well, how about doing whatever it is cats like to do? (I never have been able to figure them out, but my neighbor’s cat mentioned cuddling and snuggling as her favorite human-time. Cats – who can figure ‘em?)
- Make sure your pet is eating the right food! Food is very important to me, and I always let dad know if I’m unhappy in this department. But that’s me, and I know not all pets are as vocal as I am about their food. This is a great week to make sure the food your pet is eating is right for their age and weight
- Have you seen some of the new toys that dad has at his stores? Some of them are really challenging and make us pets think while we play
- Did I mention treats?
Just a few ideas to get dad thinking about treats – I mean – Pet Appreciation Week!
How will YOU celebrate?
Happy Dog Geno
Send me a Tweat Please! @HappyDogGeno
Get it — “tweet” … like “treat” … *grin*