Keeping Your Pets Active This Winter
7 Doggie Boredom Busters
Chase away the winter blues with activities and games.
- Teach your pet a new trick, like a spin or high-five. Start by guiding them into the behavior with an enticing treat. Then, use a marker word like “Yes!” to indicate when your pet did the action correctly.
- For extended entertainment, try long-lasting chews or freezing a bully stick, canned food or peanut butter in a Kong.
- Play scavenger hunt inside or outside by hiding treats or toys and telling your pet, “Go find it!”
- Try hide-and-seek with your pet. Start by telling them to wait while you hide. Then, call your pet over and offer praise or treats when you’re found.
- Add puzzle toys to your pet’s routine to make your cat or dog work for a reward. Find exciting options at any Chuck & Don’s.
- Join a doggie playgroup or indoor walking group. Many Chuck & Don’s stores host playtimes for puppies or for small dogs.
- Get outside and enjoy the weather. Remember winter necessities like Musher’s Secret, a cozy RC Pets sweater, Ultra Paws boots and Nite Ize light-up collar covers.
Ask a Chuck & Don’s team member for more tips, treats, winter gear and puzzle toys to beat winter boredom.