VetDiet Feed the Fuzzy
- Why we love Vetdiet:
- Offers a range of foods for specific needs and life stages
- Added fruits, vegetables, herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
- Formulated by veterinary and nutrition experts to optimize wellness
- You know your pet is unique and their food should be a perfect fit. Talk with any of our knowledgeable team members at our stores or shop online for dogs and cats for your ideal Vetdiet option.
VETDIET: GRAINS & HEALTHY HEART BLEND
Knowledge Fueled By Nature
With a statement like that, it's no wonder that Vetdiet creates recipes for dogs and cats with the latest veterinary and nutrition research and whole, minimally processed ingredients.
Going Deep into Heart Health
Every Vetdiet recipe includes a specialized Heart Health blend created by Vetdiet. This specific blend includes taurine, methionine, lysine and L-carnitine. Why this combination?
- Taurine is an amino acid found in meat. It can be created by dogs from the dietary amino acids methionine and cysteine. It's added to Vetdiet's recipes to promote healthy heart function.
- Methionine is an essential amino acid that's key in the production of taurine. So, it is also added to promote a healthy heart.
- Lysine is a limiting amino acid. By providing adequate amounts, protein synthesis is no longer limited, making all protein within the diet available.
- L-Carnitine is needed for normal heart function and is added to promote a healthy heart.
In short, every dry kibble needs something to hold it together, usually carbohydrates. Vetdiet uses minimally processed whole grains since they're a good source of vitamins, dietary fiber, resistant starch, macrominerals and numerous phytonutrients
* Pet food donations will be donated at the end of the promotion to Secondhand Hounds rescue. Please see a Team Member for donation details.
** In-store in all Minnesota and Wisconsin only.